2010 Farm Field Trips
We are happy to announce that we have received and funded ALL 7 Standards-Based Farm Field Trip Applications! There will be a total of 13 trips, betwen the fall and spring. This includes classes from the 3 Brattleboro Elementary Schools (K-4) and the Brattleboro Union High School (9-12), reaching a total of 249 students!
Take a look at each school’s webpage for farm field trip photos!
Resources for Farmers & Teachers
We hope these resources will help you develop relationships and better orient yourselves to educating students on farms.
Example of our Farm Field Trip Applications
- Download the application and instructions by clicking here.
- Strengthen your application by viewing our Farm Field Trip Grant Rubric. Click here.
VT FEED now offers their Farm to School Guide for Connecting Farms to Schools and Communities FREE ONLINE! This guide covers the following topics:
- Getting Started
- Connecting to the Classroom
- Connecting to the Cafeteria
- Connecting to the Community
- Activities, including:
- General Farm Activities
- Soil Compost & Land Activities
- Garden & Greenhouse Activities
- Dairy Activities
- Poultry Activities
- Maple Sugaring & Tree Activities
- Bee & Insect Activities
Field Trip Letters & Farm PR Templates (VT FEED)