Delicious, Nutritious Affordable Vegetables!
FREE Weekly Cooking Classes!
Great Local Music and MORE!
TIME & PLACE:
– Every Tuesday, 4-6 PM
– June 21st- September 27th
– Lawn of Samuel Elliot Apartments, next to fire station, with parking at the Elliot St Cafe. 4 farms are growing veggies for that market this year – Community Farm at SIT, Amazing Planet Farm and Justice Center, Wild Carrot Farm, and New Leaf CSA.
– Westgate Housing Community and two farms are growing for that market – Circle Mountain Farm and Youth Agriculture Project.
HOW THIS WORKS:
1) Agree to participate every week and receive the best prices on local produce.
2) Choose the option that is right for you.
3) Call or email to receive a contract. Complete the contract. Return the signed contract with a down payment. If paying with EBT, pay at the first market on June 21st.
Select your own veggies! Join the fun with taste tests, music, kid’s activities, and more! Enjoy cooking and eating delicious local food! Improve your health while supporting local farmers!
ACCEPTING Cash, Checks, and EBT.
Elliot Street also accepts Farm to Family Coupons!
The Market accepts debit, but there will be a $1 charge this year to cover the machine fees.
3 Options if you qualify for 3Squares VT food stamps, but you don’t have to receive them. Prices comparable to Price Chopper conventional produce. We ask for at least a 2-week down payment upon signing up.
9 Veggie Basket for $20.00/Week
5 Veggie Basket for $11.00/Week
3 Veggie Basket for $7.00/Week
Example: 1 Veggie= 1 Bunch of Carrots. You choose your veggies. The photo to the right is an example of a 9 Veggie Basket last August.
FREE Cooking Classes
Learn to cook a meal using lots of vegetables, including dinner! Children are welcome!
Cooking Classes will take place each Tuesday, at the Samuel Elliot Street Apartments from 5-7 PM.
To sign up fill out this contract and send it to the address on the form: Neighborhood_Market_Contract.doc
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find us on Facebook!
Email: Katherine Gillespie, Market Coordinator/Farm to School Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
The Neighborhood Market is a project of Post Oil Solutions and the Windham County Farm to School Program.